Infos zu SurveyMonkey
Founded in 1999 and based in San Mateo, California, SurveyMonkey is the world’s leading platform for turning people’s voices and opinions into actionable data — People Powered Data. Whether it’s with customers, employees, or a target market, SurveyMonkey helps curious individuals and companies — including 99% of the Fortune 500 — have conversations at scale with the people who matter most. It’s People Powered Data that allows them to understand not only “what” is happening, but “why.” SurveyMonkey’s 700+ employees throughout North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific are dedicated to powering the curious.
We’re looking for a sharp, organized number cruncher to join our small but mighty finance team. From accounting to tax to treasury to planning and budgeting, our group supports all aspects of the business to make sure SurveyMonkey stays healthy and grows. If you’re ready to bring your strategic, quick-thinking finance skills to SurveyMonkey, we want to hear from you.
SurveyMonkey is looking for a Tax Director to join its tax team. This position will assist in the preparation and/or review of the income tax provisions, domestic and foreign tax filings and documentation of tax attributes. The position will be based in San Mateo and will report to the VP of Global Tax and Treaury and work with the Tax Senior Analyst. The Tax Director will both prepare and review, depending on the task.
- Preparation/review of quarterly tax provisions including uncertain tax position analysis, annual provision-to-return analysis, and account reconciliations
- Assist in calculation/review of transfer pricing quarterly entries
- Assist with the preparation/review of book-to-tax differences and preparation of quarterly estimated and annual tax filings
- Work with our Dublin finance team in support of the foreign financial statements and tax return preparation and review
- Gather information to support the federal and state R&D credits
- Assist with various indirect taxes, including VAT, GST/HST, property tax and potentially sales and use tax
- Support the internal control environment within tax including updating the tax controls matrix and tax procedures
- Perform various research projects including nexus studies
- Respond to various tax notices
- Support continuous process improvement within the tax department
- Monitor changes in federal, state, international, indirect and local tax legislation
- 6-10 years of corporate tax or public accounting experience
- Knowledge of federal, state and local tax law and applicable regulations
- International tax knowledge, including transfer pricing, a plus
- Experience in the preparation and review of federal and state income tax return workpapers
- Understanding and knowledge of ASC 740 Accounting for Income Tax, including preparation and review of provision workpapers
- Experience in R&D tax credit studies and documentation a plus
- Analytical ability to provide suggestions and alternatives to complex scenarios
- Strong oral and written communication (face-to-face interview and research credit functional analysis write-up skills a plus)
- Strong documentation skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field
- CPA and/or Masters of Science in Taxation (MST) a plus
- Experience with NetSuite and Bloomberg BNA a plus
- You are highly motivated and have strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize work.
- You have excellent communication skills and deal effectively with functional areas, management, and outside consultants.
- You analyze problems and exercise good judgment in resolving necessary actions.
- Strong computer skills, including experience with MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Sense of humor
- You are hands on and prepare as well as review
- Willing to train the right person if they don’t possess all of the skills necessary to perform the tasks listed above
At SurveyMonkey, we offer competitive salaries, medical/dental benefits, PTO, 401k, paid holidays and parental leave, and equity compensation.
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.