Infos zu SurveyMonkey
Founded in 1999 and based in San Mateo, California, SurveyMonkey is the world’s leading platform for turning people’s voices and opinions into actionable data — People Powered Data. Whether it’s with customers, employees, or a target market, SurveyMonkey helps curious individuals and companies — including 99% of the Fortune 500 — have conversations at scale with the people who matter most. It’s People Powered Data that allows them to understand not only “what” is happening, but “why.” SurveyMonkey’s 700+ employees throughout North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific are dedicated to powering the curious.
We’re looking for a hands-on Product Design Manager who is curious about customers, passionate about designing delightful products with business impact, and an influential leader and coach. As a Product Design Manager, you will lead a small team of product designers working on our core surveys product and be hands-on with every aspect of the product process from strategic direction to the tactical design-develop-launch-iterate cycle.
It’s a great time join our maturing team as we recently launched our new brand and set off on a mission to make design a competitive advantage for SurveyMonkey. We drive business growth by applying creative curiosity and craftsmanship to our customers’ most important problems.
Our ideal candidate will...
- Have experience working as a design lead on cross-functional teams with Product Management and Engineering to ideate and ship complex products
- Serve as a leader on a design team driving functional excellence and cohesive cross-product experiences
- Be comfortable leading, managing and mentoring other designers with a demonstrated ability to help designers grow their careers and succeed on cross-functional teams
- Enjoy being hands on with interaction design, visual design, prototyping and customer research - taking problems from concept to implementation quickly and iteratively
- Be passionate about driving a system design approach
- Appreciate critical feedback - you will give it, receive it, solicit it and coach your team on how to do the same
- Obsess over details – UI consistency, microinteractions, project plans and career development
- Take ownership of the business outcomes your product drives and be skilled at getting teams to use design thinking methods to solve important business problems
- Be data-driven — whether it’s analyzing qualitative data to find a spark of insight or creating variations of a design for an A/B test — you balance your intuitive sense with a deep understanding of the data and train others to do the same
- Value communication, organization and thoughtful rationale in design decisions
- Be able to keep your team engaged and accountable while teaching time management, bias for action and ability to work through ambiguity and deadline pressures
- Have demonstrated ability to recruit and hire top design talent
- 7+ years of experience on a design team working across the entire product development lifecycle and successfully shipping multi-project programs with at least 2 years of experience managing or mentoring other designers
- Experience working effectively with cross-functional teams including Product Management, Engineering, QA, Marketing, User Research and Content Writers.
- Experience leading other designers to create a cohesive cross-product experience, both leveraging and contributing to a centralized design system
- Solid product design fundamentals with information architecture, interaction design and visual design skills and the ability to quickly produce high quality deliverables across the range of disciplines.
- Outstanding ability to present design at all levels of the organization with clear, articulate rationale and develop this skill in others
- Proficient with Sketch and Invision; knowledgeable about HTML, CSS, modern browser technologies and cross-device design.
- BA/BS/BFA or equivalent industry experience
- Portfolio showcasing examples of product design work
At SurveyMonkey, we offer competitive salaries, medical/dental benefits, PTO, 401k, paid holidays, and equity compensation.
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer.